The dichotomy of a two year old is amazing. The heart-melting sweetness is sharply contrasted with crazy independence manifested in, let's be honest, meanness.
He has been randomly telling me and X:
"Mommy, you are my sweet girl."
"Daddy, you're my best boy."
"You are my best friend."
"I love you. We are a family. Thank you."
At night both X and I have to give him a kiss at the same time with a big old double hug...fondly referred to as the family hug.
I was telling Graydon that one day he will be a big boy and he will have kids of his own. I told him that he needs to find a nice girl and marry her because his kids need a mommy. He replied with, "I know! I will marry you! I will take you to the temple and marry you!" Okay...be still my heart! I have been waiting for the day when he would tell me that he wanted to marry me! And for those of you in our church, you can understand how awesome it was that he already wants to "take me to the temple!"
In coming back from a recent trip to the temple, X and I walked in the door to have Graydon loudly and excitedly exclaim, "You came back! And you got MARRIED!!"
The sweetness is offset by dive-bombing on my head, or, with wagging finger pointed straight at me, "you spit that out right now," when I have stolen a treat off of his plate.
Graydon was riding around with my parents and they were talking to my nephew Ethan about his tonsils. Graydon suddenly said, "I don't have tonsils because I am a boy." Um, okay. We'll let him believe that for now!
After being in his room for a timeout, I opened the door to find things that once resided on a shelf splattered on the floor. When I asked him what happened, he said he "sprayed his balls all over the place." Awesome. Too bad I store all of his "sports equipment" with about 10 balls in his room!
Whenever Graydon hears a song he likes in the car he says to me, "Turn it up, Mom. It's my song!" or "This is my favorite song. Turn it up all the way!" This usually happens when Dynamite by Taio Cruz comes on. He truly knows the lyrics by heart and actually started singing them in church the other day. This boy loves to blast his music!
Speaking of music, Graydon turns X's radio alarm clock on during the day, readjusts the station to a random Hispanic music station (he found a hip Indian station today), turns the volume knob up all the way, and dances like crazy! The best part is, he watches himself in our full length mirror as he is rocking out.
His new favorite response instead of "yes" is "of course," with as much voice fluctuation as possible. Like, "Graydon, can you please help me by holding this?" "Of course, Mommy!"
Graydon was telling me that he would be a good boy and share his sippy cup with Heavenly Father and Jesus. But then he said that Jesus couldn't drink out of his straw because of "that thingy." When I questioned him about the thingy, he pointed to his upper lip. Oh, you mean a mustache? "Jesus can't use a straw because of that thingy."
2 comments:
LOL! Oh man, I love two year olds! And the mustache story made me laugh even harder when I read it!
Love those comments! You've done a great job recording everything.
Post a Comment