Friday, July 10, 2009

Time

So Kendra and Tara recently sent me some websites that they follow that are full of crafty, sewy, cutesy adventures. I spent hours last night (and am now exhausted because I went to bed too late) just perusing through the surface of them and I came away feeling overwhelmed. After three hours of internet cruising, I had nothing to show for it, not even one of their cute projects started!

Where do these ladies find the time to be so crafty? Do these ladies just not sleep? Are their kids running around wreaking havoc while their moms craft or blog about the crafting? Or do they have it all together as they portray on their blogs?

So I wanted to hear the creative ways you find time...besides the nap time and the late night scenarios...I'm already a pro at those (but remember, still have nothing to show for it!).



And while I was looking at comics, I found these two and thought they were hilarious! I'm feeling a little anti-blog and very anti-facebook right now (couldn't you tell?!) because I don't like how that's the only way people communicate now! It's just a phase, I'm sure.

3 comments:

Bethann said...

So in my stive to be creative, have a cute and completely organized house, i only have one suggestion.

i am striving to keep the 10 min. rule about keeping your house clean (from that guy thats on oprah) and i am extending it to my projects. right after emma eats, or i can give her something new I do something for 10 minutes and then step away. I have figured out that at least for now she will keep herself occupied for almost 10 minutes. But since i know i only have 10 min, i am thrilled when i get something done.

And believe me, most of the time I feel EXACTLY as you do. most days end and i feel like i am a horrible person because i feel like i did nothing.

Brenda said...

I am totally feeling ya on the facebook thing Emily! I think the telephone is becoming a thing of the past because of it! I feel a little bit better about blogging because it is keeping my far away family members updated and it is something I can archive so I don't feel it is a waste of time.
I have felt terrible lately that I haven't finished a scrap book for Cami, but I did for my other kids. So I have decided that I am going to only allow myself 30 minutes a day. I know I don't have a baby running around, but I have the problem of the house always calling my name....."do the laundry, dust me...etc" so I feel guilty doing anything else. I need to find time to feel like I have accomplished something that doesn't just get dirty again by the end of the day. Make sure the project is something you really want to do and not just something you will throw in a closet someday and never look at. I have done that before!! Years later when I found it, I thought why did I spend time on that! Life is so busy but I have decided that it is so important to take time to do things you love! If you ever need me to watch Graydon so you can have a crafty moment I would LOVE to!!!! I will read to him all day long!!!!

tawna said...

Oh man. I was really counting on more comments so that I could steal everyone's ideas, too.

I like to think no one is REALLY as put together as their sites make them seem...because anyone can photoshop a few pictures, keep a blog looking nice and tidy, and only talk about the good, sane, productive stuff.

We need more "this is the disaster my kids created today" and "this is my kitchen at its ultimate low where even the alternative dishes are dirty and piled on the counter,stove, and sink, and where the toaster is balancing precariously on top of miscellaneous dishes and pans because there is absolutely NO counter space to put it" blogs..

Then I think we'd all feel better about ourselves and realize even the 'all-together' people have 'those days' too...

Or at least that's what I like to tell myself..