Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Remembering...

I was remembering where I was six years ago...my mom woke me early with a phone call to tell me to turn on the TV. I remember Janette and I just staring dumbfounded at the news footage!

I had an 8:00 am U.S. History class that I had to hurry up for. At this time, no one knew what was going on and only one tower had been hit. I remember sitting in class, which was going on like normal, wondering if I should raise my hand and inform everyone what I had just watched on the news. Little did I know how much it would change our lives.

I remember the radio station in Utah that played "I'm Proud to be an American" over and over again for at least a month. I'm not joking either...does anyone else remember that?

I've thankful to all those who have sacrificed their time, money, and lives so that I am where I am safely doing what I'm doing now. Thank you!

3 comments:

Lydia said...

I remember that morning... you told me before class what happened but it didn't really sink in until I got home and watched the news all day.

I don't really remember the overplayed "Proud to be an American"...sorry :(

Gary Church said...

I remember that song played over and over, but I could never tell you what station did it. That day seems like yesterday, but it also seems so long ago too.

Kendra said...

At the time I was working as a parts delivery girl for Ford and I got to listen to the radio all day every day. So, yes, I do remember the station that would play that song over and over. And I would cry over and over. I've always loved that song. I remember every minute of that day.