I have always wanted to just get covered head to toe in mud... And this past April I was able to achieve that goal at the Warrior Dash 2011! Thanks to our lovely friends, Don and Heidi Spangler, we joined their work team last minute and had a blast!
Us BEFORE

Us AFTER!

Here's Don's work group that we ran with.

And the lovely Spanglers mentioned above, dressed as Super Man and Super Girl. We love this family so much!

It's a 3 mile trail course with obstacles all throughout. It started with wading through a river, so then we got to run the whole course with wet, muddy shoes...yum. However, I have a crazy husband who decided to run BAREFOOT! The Warrior Dash on its own wasn't crazy enough for this guy. I love the photo of him below doing a heel click over the flames (as I try to wave the gas fumes away from my face).
(and yes, I know I snagged these photos... so sue me)Throughout the whole course we would hear whispers of, "Oh my gosh. Look at that guy. He doesn't have shoes on!"
This is me after belly-crawling through mud and under barbed wire...which I got my shirt caught on.

I think the hardest obstacle was trying to run on the slippery, pitted path after being completely covered in mud.

They actually collect all of these nasty muddy shoes and somehow clean them up enough to donate them to charity. Good for them...

The true highlight for me (and this is going to sound strange) was the hose-down afterwards. Imagine a semi-truck trailer with two guys standing on top, each manning a fire house. Then imagine about 30 brown, slimy strangers all huddled together in a little clump getting slammed with the water. For some reason, this was HILARIOUS to me. The guys with the hoses were so serious and specifically zero-ing people out with the blast. It was not pleasant at all, but I could not stop laughing hysterically. And that only made the water guy zero me out even more with his hose. Don't think I have laughed so hard since a middle school sleep over. If for nothing else, thank you, Warrior Dash, for the good laugh!
1 comment:
Aaahhh! That was so fun! I had to start laughing OUT LOUD reading your final paragraph! The hose down was the funniest thing ever...maybe just because you were laughing so hard. Sooo glad you guys did it with us!!
LOVE the picture of X over the fire! So cool.
Post a Comment